Community Center

Community Center Rentals

The North Sioux City Community Center was built in 1993. The 5,500 square foot facility was designed to accommodate many uses, such as: Weddings, Anniversaries, Reunions, Meetings, Dinners, Dances, Trade Shows, Rummages, Birthdays, etc

The facility can host up to 300 people. Rentals include multi-media equipment, tables and chairs, and a fully equipped kitchen with a commercial size refrigerator and lots of prep space. Our inventory includes chairs, 20 – 72″ round tables (seats 10-11 people), and 12 – 8′ banquet tables.

We look forward to hosting your next event. Call today.


Phone: 605-232-3698
Fax: 605-232-0300

Drivers License

We are pleased to be one of four Union County locations to host the drivers license site for the SD Department of Public Safety.

Helpful Relocation Information

License and Registration

Driver Licensing Program

(as taken from the SD Dept of Public Safety)

South Dakota driver’s license expires on the expiration date. There is no grace period. Licenses can be renewed up to six months before the expiration date. Applications must be filled out one hour before closing in order to complete the exam on the same day.
No drive tests are given between 11:30 – 1:30.

Driver license renewals/duplicates will not be issued by mail unless the applicant has been issued a federally compliant (REAL ID) drivers license after December 30, 2009. If you are out-of-state and need a temporary permit to extend your driver license, please either email DPS (all emails must contain your first and last name) or call toll-free 1-800-952-3696 or directly 605-773-6883.

SD Dept of Public Safety: 1-800-952-3696
N Sioux City Wed: 2nd, 4th, 5th
8:45 – 4:30 205 Sodrac Dr. – Community Center
Elk Point Wed: 1st, 3rd 8:30 – 4:30 106 W Pleasant St- Elk Point City Hall
Vermillion Thurs & Fri 7:00 – 5:00 11 E Cherry St – Hallmark Square
Yankton Thurs & Fri 7:00 – 5:30 3113 Spruce St. Ste 109; (Human Svc Ctr-Kanner Bldg)
**For other locations, click DPS Map Link.


Vehicle Registration

(as taken from the Motor Vehicle Department)

To register or renew your vehicle, you need to work with the Motor Vehicle Department. All vehicles in South Dakota must be titled and registered in order to legally operate on South Dakota roadways. A nonresident moving into the state has 90 days to register and title a vehicle.

For information about registration, titling procedures, car plates and license tags, and buying and selling vehicles, call the County Treasurer office at the courthouse in Elk Point at 1-605-356-2391. You can also visit the County Treasurer’s webpage for more information.