Public Works

Utility Services

New Service or Termination

Application for requesting services must be submitted to the Utility Department at City Hall with your deposit and a copy of your drivers license. When moving within the City from one residence to another, you are still required to fill out a new application with a deposit and ID. Any time you move out, you need to submit a form to terminate your services. This form is required in order to stop usage calculation in your name. Account deposits are applied to outstanding balances and then refunds issued.

You may pick up forms between 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, or you may download forms by clicking a link located in the right sidebar.

Correct Contact Information on File

To update address, phone number or any other billing information regarding your account, please contact the Utility Department at City Hall @ 605-232-4276. This is an important part of maintaining your account with us. If there happens to be a problem, we need up-to-date information in order to contact you.

Utility Bill

Utility Payments are due on the 15th day of each month. Typically, bills are mailed out within the last ten days of the month and you are being only billed for the previous month’s usage.  The dates for your water usage are listed at the top of each month’s bill.

It is your responsibility to pay your bill, regardless if you receive your billing. If you didn't receive your water bill, contact the Utility Department to find out your current balance and due date.

Shut-off day is on the 26th of each month.

Electricity & Natural Gas

Mid-American Energy

Preparing Your Pipes for Winter

Here are a few tips in the article Winterize Your Home, from the SD Assoc. of Rural Water Systems' publication, to prepare your home for winter.